It's possible to live in a house with mold if the moldy materials have been encapsulated, as this prevents mold spores from spreading through the air. However, it's quite difficult to live in a moldy home if left unattended, as it poses a significant risk to everyone. Although it's a natural substance, mold isn't something you want to have in your home. It can cause property damage and health problems for those exposed to the fungus.
Mold is something that can easily grow indoors, making it a common household problem. You may not even know if mold has grown in your home because it sometimes builds up in hidden areas. And even if you clean it up, just not seeing it in your home might not be enough to ensure your safety. Knowing this information, you may be concerned about staying in your house and sleeping in a house that has mold, and for good reason.
Because of the risks associated with exposure to mold, it can be dangerous to sleep in a house with mold, especially in affected areas, since you are at risk of suffering from mold allergies. If you have black mold in your home that's in an area small enough to get rid of enough of it, this will likely solve the problem (though you'll need to keep an eye on it). Another characteristic of black mold (and any type of household fungus) is that it can grow in places that are difficult to access or rarely visited, such as behind closets and under floorboards. As an expert on indoor air quality and safety, I recommend taking the necessary steps to ensure that your home is free from any type of mold.
If you suspect that there is mold present in your home, contact a professional who can assess the situation and provide advice on how to safely remove the fungus. Additionally, make sure to keep your home well-ventilated and dry to prevent future growth of mold.