If mold damage is discovered in the living room, kitchen, or bathroom, it is highly recommended that you seek alternative accommodation until the mold is removed. This is especially important if you have babies, elderly people, or family members with a weak immune system living in the home. Some experts believe that it is not necessary to leave the house during mold removal, and that it is a personal choice. On average, with a team of workers, mold removal can take five to seven days.
After the mold has been removed, the area must be rebuilt and cleaned. It is important to note that all indoor environments contain some mold spores, but this does not usually affect most people.
No, it is not healthy to sleep in a room with mold and mildew. Indoor mold from any type of exposure can be dangerous, and mold inside your bedroom is especially concerning due to the amount of time you spend in your bedroom breathing it in while you rest.
In addition to immediate allergy symptoms, direct exposure to mold and mildew can also cause difficulty sleeping. If you are worried about staying in your house and sleeping in a house that has mold, you are right to be concerned. Due to the risks associated with exposure to mold, it can be dangerous to sleep in a house with mold, particularly in affected areas. Inhaling mold fragments or spores can cause nasal obstruction, wheezing, sinus tightness, coughing, and throat swelling.