Extreme temperatures don't kill mold, but they can deactivate it. Even when temperatures drop below freezing, mold spores don't die; they simply become inactive and will start multiplying and growing again as soon as the temperature rises. That's why controlling the temperature alone won't solve your mold problems. Treating mold with heat is effective because, yes, high temperatures kill mold.
Eliminating and killing mold is often considered to be even better than chemical processes: no one likes a smell of harsh chemicals in their home. The moment you notice that mold is growing anywhere in your home, you shouldn't panic. Doing something that you think will help kill mold could actually make things worse. It's a great idea to contact a local professional right now.
You don't know the extent of the mold and you'll want to know what repair or remediation is needed. Assuming that you can handle the mold yourself is probably a bad idea. Does heat kill mold? Yes, extreme heat or cold can kill most mold spores. It is best to turn to a professional company for cleaning.
Heat is one of the most effective ways to kill living organisms in the house, such as mold and bed bugs. If you want to make sure that you can kill mold with heat, check if it's a heat-resistant strain. You can't get rid of mold with cold temperature treatment, but it can happen naturally if the air stays below freezing around the spores. Some people say that dead mold can't affect health, but it's always best to prevent it from happening in the first place.
Mold isn't always detectable, and you'll often see mold spore stains, but you won't understand their full extent until an inspection is done. Mold spores can travel through the air throughout the house, and it's ideal to treat each cluster at once. So, if you want to learn more about mold problems and how to solve them with heat or cold treatment, keep reading. Professionals often use an air purifier in combination with heat to clean the air and remove mold simultaneously.
If you want to be on the safe side, perhaps the best approach for you is to treat the mold with a fungicide (bleach, white vinegar, etc.) You can even kill mold in foods with heat, but that doesn't necessarily mean you should eat it. If you recently experienced a major flood that exposed your home to mold and mildew, you should clean and dry the area as soon as possible. It may be easier for some objects to perform the cold method, since it can make mold sleep and make it easier to remove. It's rare for mold to survive cold temperatures, but it can happen in some cases, especially if there's moisture.