A popular chemical for killing mold is Concrobium Mold Control, which can be purchased at larger hardware stores. It is used by professionals and homeowners alike. We have used it and we have found that it is effective. Hydrogen peroxide-based mildew removers are also very effective.
All types of vinegar are acidic, and acids can slowly break down the structure of the mold and kill it. Distilled white vinegar isn't toxic, but it works much slower than chlorine bleach or hydrogen peroxide. While it will kill mold, discoloration and stains may remain and require additional cleaning with a household cleaner. With the right personal protective equipment, start by scrubbing the mold with a commercial black mold remover.
You can also choose to make a natural one with your own with household products. Mix 5 parts white vinegar with 5 parts water with 1 part baking soda. Add the solution to a spray bottle. If you know what's causing the mold problem, take steps to fix them first before trying to get rid of the black mold.
The Department of Environmental Protection recommends professional removal of mold colonies that cover more than 10 square feet (approximately a 3-foot by 3-foot patch). Black mold is dangerous and can greatly affect your health if left untreated, so it's important to get rid of it as soon as you notice it. Dealing with black mold is especially dangerous, so be sure to protect yourself from exposure to black mold before you start. To reach black mold along the edges of the bathtub or in the tight corners of shower cubicles, soak a cotton ball with hydrogen peroxide or white distilled vinegar.
Black mold is black or even dark gray in color and often smells musty and musty, as it tends to grow in areas with high humidity. That doesn't seem like much of a difference, but cleaning vinegar is 20% stronger than distilled white vinegar and will be more effective at killing black mold spores. Because of the dangers that black mold can present, it is recommended that you hire a professional to complete the mold remediation process. However, finding black mold is disconcerting because of its potential danger, so you should get rid of black mold as soon as possible.
If black mold affects an area less than 10 square feet, this blog will discuss some tips you can choose to try to clean the mold yourself. What is known as severe black mold is Stachybotrys chartarum, a colony with a viscous dark green or black surface. Black mold can grow both indoors and outdoors on almost any surface imaginable, including porous surfaces. Black mold can then be killed and removed with cleaners such as bleach, white distilled vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, or borax.
Small areas of mold growth that are detected early, even in the case of black mold, can be eliminated with some basic disinfecting supplies and safe procedures. Before starting any black mold treatment, you'll need to test for black mold and find the source. Make sure that windows and doors are returned to their position and that all affected surfaces have been cleaned and dried before removing the protective film.